ExFAT (Extended File Allocation Table) is an improved version of FAT32 file system. It is a new file system that is better adapted to the growing needs of personal storage. It is specially designed for flash drives like USB devices, memory cards, flat panel TVs, portable media players etc. It supports storing more files in comparison to FAT32 file system. ExFAT is supported with all the latest versions of Windows operating systems, such as Windows Vista, Windows 2008 & Windows 7. Because of its compatibility with both Windows & Mac OS, this file system is widely used.
The new exFAT file system overcomes many of the problems which occurred in FAT file system. The exFAT file system not only handles large files, like HD audio/video media; it also enables seamless interoperability between desktop PCs and other electronic devices allowing easy interchange between the two.
Although, exFAT is the most advanced file system available for Windows OS, but sometimes you may come across serious file system corruption or loss scenarios when to restore formatted exFAT partition & to overcome other data loss scenarios you require a professional recovery tool as it is not possible manually. In other case if you wan to recover the files from the exFAT partitions of Windows OS, then also you can perform the task easily. To know more Explore Here. Files from the exFAT file system might get deleted or lost due to following reasons –
- Interruption during conversion of file system from one type to another i.e. reformatting.
- Repartitioning of the exFAT file system may lead to file deletion or loss.
- Corruption of file system due to a malware infection or improper shutdown or any other unknown reason may also delete some or all of your files.
- Abrupt system shutdown while the exFAT partition was in use.
- Accidentally formatting exFAT partition while formatting some other.
- Unintentional deletion of files from the partition, for example - mistakenly deleted important files while deleting an unwanted file.
- Corruption of the exFAT file system due to bad sectors present on it, which in turn results in inaccessibility of files
In order to recover from any of the above situation & get back all the deleted & lost files from the exFAT file system, you should make use of an exFAT recovery software.
ExFAT Deleted Files Recovery tool can restore all your deleted documents, video, images, audios, executable files, rar files, etc. Apart from the exFAT file system, the application can also recover files from other file systems such as FAT, FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS. It is the best utility for performing exFAT file recovery on Windows operating system. The advanced built in scanning algorithm can restore data from exFAT partitions.
Procedure to recover deleted files from ExFAT–
1. Download the ExFAT Recovery Software & install it to recover deleted files from ExFAT. (To retrieve data from Windows XP exFAT partition & other Windows OS use this software. Mac users download the Mac version of the software.)
2. When you run the software, on the main screen you will find three options “Recover Files”, “Recover Photos” & “Recover Partitions/Drives”. Select “Recover Files” option.
4. Choose the partition from which files got deleted.
5. After scanning is complete, a list of recoverable files is displayed. Preview them & save to your desired location.
Tip : Always save the recovered files in the drive different from the affected one.